Skyline DVD and Blu-ray Cover Art and Specs
Admittedly, I was a little disappointed with the Brothers Strause’s “Skyline”. It had its moments, but overall, I really expected more out of it. Oh well, maybe the sequel will be better? So what are the chances of a sequel? Not bad, actually.
Made for $10 million (“low budget” in Hollywood terms), the film has grossed over $65 million worldwide, with $43 million of that coming from overseas. In my book, when your movie grosses six-times what you put into making it, that’s a hit. Or at least, a pretty good excuse to make a sequel.
Until then, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will be releasing the film on Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital Download and On-Demand on March 22, 2011. Cover art and specs below.
It was supposed to be a simple birthday weekend in Southern California. But when sunrise arrives two hours early in the form of a haunting light from an unknown source, a group of friends watch in terror as people across the city are drawn outside and swept into massive alien ships that have blotted out the Los Angeles skyline. From tankers to drones and hydra-like extraterrestrials, the aliens are inescapable and seemingly indestructible. From the masterful directors, The Brothers Strause Skyline will keep you guessing in this action-packed sci-fi adventure.
In this heart-pounding thrill ride starring Eric Balfour (“Haven,” “24”), Donald Faison (“Scrubs,” Clueless), David Zayas (“Dexter”), Brittany Daniel (Little Man, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) and Scottie Thompson (“Trauma,” Star Trek), Skyline will take every survival instinct a group of friends has to elude capture.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-rayTM Hi-Def: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and purest digital sound available.
- BD-LIVETM: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers and more!
- pocket BLU™: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, BlackBerry®, Nokia® Smartphone, Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Also available on the iPad®, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high-resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
- uHEAR™: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray™ disc and turns on the subtitles for the section you couldn’t hear!
BONUS FEATURES (DVD and BLU-RAY™):
- FEATURE COMMENTARY: With Directors Greg and Colin Strause
- FEATURE COMMENTARY: With Co-writer/Producer Liam O’Donnell and Co-Writer Joshua Cordes
- DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
- ALTERNATE SCENES
- ANIMATION PRE-VISUALIZATION
- THEATRICAL TRAILERS AND MORE