Check out an impressive announcement trailer for EA’s upcoming “Crysis 3″, which won’t be available on the consoles until, oh, I don’t know, December 31, 2013. Yeah, that’s over a year and a half away. Well this is only the announcement trailer, even though they already have some actual gameplay footage. I thought it would just be cut scenes, but nope. Looks pretty cool, even if the game engine does give me a major headache.
Here’s what to expect from them when it’s finally out:
- Seven Wonders of the Urban Rainforest – New York City has been contained in a giant nanodome and grown into a unique rainforest with seven distinct environments. Master the ultimate sandbox and turn it into your own personal hunting ground.
- Assess, Adapt, and Attack – Crysis’s highly-acclaimed sandbox gameplay is back with more open levels to let players choose their path and approach. Your upgraded Nanosuit allows brute force or stealth, always giving you more than one option.
- Expanded Multiplayer – Experiment with new ways to customize your Nanosuit and brand new game modes.
- The Biggest and Most Explosive Arsenal in Franchise History – In addition to giving you an arsenal of human firearms, Crysis 3 lets you scavenge alien weapons and deploy an all-new signature bow
- The Evolution of CryENGINE – CryENGINE unleashes the power of the Crytek creative team and delivers a visually stunning and varied gameplay experience.